If you have recently ordered a newly launched Google Pixel 2 XL and want to know about best apps that you can install or use on your new device, this article is for you. As Google Pixel series come with stock Android, there are not many apps which comes installed. You can install almost any app available on Google Play Store and that is the advantage of having a Pixel device.
Coming back to our main topic, Google Pixel 2 XL is awesome in terms of features, and configuration. Keeping that in mind some of the best app for your Google Pixel 2 XL are:
- Snapseed: The Pixel has the best smartphone camera on the market. Snapseed, an app developed by Google, will help you get the best out of the said camera with tools, filters, and other editing features usually found in powerful desktop software. The beauty of Snapseed is not only is it powerful but it’s really easy to use, whether you’re touching up a photo for Instagram or editing for a project. And it doesn’t cost a dime, making it that much better.
- Evernote : Although Pixel devices have their default Google Keep. You can also install Evernote, which is a cross-platform note making app available for Android. If you want to take note that is available for Windows, Mac, as well as Android, you can uninstall Google Keep and install Evernote. Although the free version of Evernote allows you to have the app on up to 2 devices.The user interface of Evernote is very good. The recent update has made it even better and taken the productivity level to new level.
- Turbo VPN : Nowadays, this is very important to hide your IP address whenever you are browsing any website. For those tasks VPN come in handy. There are tons of paid VPN apps available on the Play Store. However, if you want to use a free app, you can install Turbo VPN, which is compatible with Google Pixel 2 XL. You even have options to choose from servers from all across the world for free.
- Trigger Task Launch : The Google Pixel 2 XL is one of the budget phone that have NFC capability. Primarily, the NFC is to help you with one-tap Google Pay payments. But, NFC has no limits and if you pair it with an inexpensive NFC tag. To illustrate, you can keep an NFC tag beside your bed and while you are off to sleep, just tap your Google Pixel 2 XL on the tag to turn off Wi-Fi, GPS, put your phone to DND, and set an alarm for 7 AM in the morning, etc.
- MyMail : The Gmail app is probably the best email client you can have on your Android device. However, if you want to try something new on your Google Pixel 2 XL or be it any other device, you can install myMail app. myMail does support any IMAP enabled account. Apart from that, you can use Google Mail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, Aol, and so on. The user interface of myMail is pretty good and very intuitive.
- Energy Ring : The Google Pixel 2 XL has a bezel-less display with a punch-hole camera. Good use of this punch-hole camera space would be the Energy Ring app. It displays your battery level by showing of a ring wrapped around the camera space. The ring level acts as a real-time battery level indicator.Additionally, this gives a lot of customizations capabilities to choose from and play around.
Developer: IJPPrice: Free+
- Notification Light : Being a budget phone one thing that Google Pixel 2 XL lacks a notification LED. To get a similar functionality, you can use the Notification Light app. It lets you set a notification ring around the punch-hole of your camera. Unlike Energy Ring, the notification ring isn’t always on and pops up only when you receive a notification. It’s a quick handy tool and fun to play around with.
- SideSqueeze+ : Unlike the previous Google Pixel 3A, Google Pixel 2 XL doesn’t have the “Active Edge” feature because of budget constraints. With the help of the SideSqueeze+ app, you can get the active edge feature on Google Pixel 2 XL as well. The app uses the phone’s barometer to detect a change in device pressure.Squeeze+ provides you lots of actions like toggling on the flashlight, skipping songs, muting your device, etc to map with the squeeze gesture. The app is pretty simple and the configuration is self-explanatory.
- Google One : Your brand new Google Pixel 2 XL comes with 100 Gb of Google cloud storage free for the first 3 months. In order to manage the storage, you can use Google’s own Google One app. It shows you combined storage use of Google Photos, Gmail, and Google Drive. It’s a must have app as it’s also a good clean up tool to delete larger files from Google Drive, and Junk emails from Gmail.
- Android Auto : If you are have a car with Android Auto capabilities (which most of cars have), you can start using Android Auto to get rid of every hustle you can expect while driving on a highway or anywhere. While driving, small things can distract you and Android Auto will let you focus on your driving by making other things easier. Through android auto app you can navigate through maps, use Google Assistant to check various things including calendar and so on. On the other hand, you can set reminders, check news and do many more.
You can also check out : Best Camera app for Google Pixel phone.