While most Android errors are Google Play Related, this post addresses”Obtaining IP address from …” network connection issue that prevents users from connecting to WiFi networks.
Errors Like :
- Wifi authentication problem
- Wifi not connecting
- smart network switch Errors
- Other wifi problems
Many Pixel devices are unable to connect to the internet because it gets stuck in obtaining IP address loop while trying to connect to home or office WiFi network.
Most users try resetting the router and disconnecting and reconnecting to WiFi but these fixes seldom work, and some even send their Android device for repair, which end up costing them money. Actually, you can easily fix the obtaining IP address Wi-Fi error yourself by following the steps below. Please note that this fix is intended for your home network and not for public access points where you have to access to the router configuration.
How to Fix Obtaining IP Address in Wi-Fi settings for Google Pixel device:
- First turn on Wi-Fi on your Android device
- Go to system Settings >> Network >> Tap on WiFi
- Now you will see various Wi-Fi networks
- Long Press on your Wi-Fi connection
- Now you will get two options in the pop up- “Forget network” and “Modify network”.
- Choose “Modify network”.
- Enable- “Show advanced options” .
- Change IP Settings (which is DHCP by default),to “Static”.
- Now you should see a bunch of advanced options.
- Simply assign a new IP address. For example if it was 192.168.1.3 you can change it to 18.104.22.168. Now “Save”
The above solution also works for devices running Android Jelly Bean 4.2.x, 4.3, Android 4.4 KitKat and Android 5 Lollipop. It may also work for Android 6.0 Marshmallow devices. Smartphones with the latest firmware rarely face such issue where users can’t connect to Wi-Fi due to obtaining IP address problem. For Older Android OS, the menu navigation is different but the process is basically the same. Just go to Wi-Fi settings, press Menu and choose Advance. Then enable “Static IP” and assign new IP address. Many custom ROMs like Cyanogenmod, Paranoid Android, SlimRom etc also get the obtaining IP address error.
This Solution will fix Various issues such as :
- google pixel wifi authentication problem
- google pixel wifi not connecting
- google pixel wifi problems
- pixel smart network switch
- google pixel connected no internet
- google pixel wifi connected no internet
- google pixel wifi disabled
- google pixel wifi wont turn on
and Many Others. If you still have issues then Please let us Know in the comments section Below,Our Team would be Willing to help You.