Google moved into the premium smartphone space with their latest smartphone offerings, the Pixel and the Pixel XL. The new devices, that have been designed from the ground up by Google, are priced to compete directly with the current flagships from Apple and Samsung, and come with some great features, like the Google Assistant. If you are looking for the best that Android has to offer, it doesn’t get more Google than the Pixel and Pixel XL.
However, as is the case with any smartphone or tablet, the Pixel and Pixel XL are not without their issues. If you have come across any of them, we’re here to help you out, with this roundup of some of the common problems that Pixel and Pixel XL owners face, and offer potential solutions on how to fix them!
Potential solutions for Connectivity issues issues:
As is the case with any new device, you may find yourself facing some connectivity issues with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Turn the device and the router off for at least ten seconds, then turn them back and retry the connection.
- Go to Settings – Power saving and ensure that this option is turned off.
- Use the Wi-Fi Analyzer to check how crowded your channel is, and switch to a better option.
- Forget the Wi-Fi connection by going to Settings – Wi-Fi and long tapping the connection you want, then selecting “Forget”. Re-enter the details and try again.
- Make sure the router firmware is up to date.
- Make sure the applications and software on the device are up to date.
- Go into Wi-Fi – Settings – Advanced and make a note of your device MAC address, then make sure that it is allowed access in the router’s MAC filter.
- With issues when connecting to the car, check the manufacturer’s manual for the device and the car and reset your connections.
- Ensure that you are not missing a vital part of the connection process.
- Go to Settings – Bluetooth and ensure nothing needs changing
- Go into Settings – Bluetooth delete all prior pairings and try setting them up again from scratch.
- When it comes to issues with multiple device connection, only a future update will be able to address this problem.