- Turn off the phone
- Hold the volume down button and Power button simultaneously until the device switches on.
- You should see “Start” with an arrow
- Tap volume down twice and the power button to enter Recovery Mode
- Hold the power button then press and release the volume up button
- Use the volume buttons to select wipe data/factory reset
- Choose “Yes – erase all data” with the power button
- Hold the power button after ensuring the screen is on.
- Tap and hold the Power off selection in the menu
- Tap OK to initiate Safe Mode
Enabling notification LED
- Go to Settings – Notifications.
- Tap on the gear icon at the top right corner.
- Turn on “Pulse notification light.”
- To get more control over the notification LED, download an app like Light Flow from the Google Play Store.
New Ambient display features
- Google has introduced two new features to make the Ambient Display even better, including the double-tap to check phone, and lift to check phone.
- Go to Settings – Moves and turn on the new settings.
So, there you have it for this roundup of some of the common problems faced by Google Pixel and Pixel XL owners, and potential solutions on how to fix them. We will continue to update this list as more issues and solutions come up. If you have come across any others, do let us know in the comments section below, or talk about it in Android Authority official forum.