Android, the open-source operating system allows you to customize your device in almost every way possible. From changing fonts to installing custom ROM’s, mods and kernels, everything is possible on an Android device with the Help of TWRP. There are many Custom ROM’s available for your Android device ranging from heavy user interface ROM’s to stock Android ROM’s. Every ROM has different features and provides different functionality to the user, All these can be flashed or installed via the TWRP Recovery.
We have taken all the care in writing the steps but a successful result depends on how you follow them. We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device while installing custom ROM’s. Installing Custom ROM on Pixel device might void its warranty and if you follow the tutorial incorrectly then it may soft-brick your device. So if you wish to go further, do it at your own risk.
- Download the custom Rom that you want to flash on Google Pixel or Pixel XL .
- Make sure that your Phone has Root Access and has TWRP Recovery installed if not see how to flash TWRP on pixel or Pixel XL and Root it.
- Backup all apps and data present on your Google Pixel Device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Google Pixel from Settings-> Developer option.
- Make sure your Google Pixel has at least 60% battery left.
Steps to Install or Flash Custom Rom on Google Pixel or Pixel XL:
Follow the below steps to flash ROM on Google Pixel or pixel XL:
- Download the Custom ROM File from the and place it in a folder on your Desktop.
- Connect Google Pixel Device to PC.
- Place the files (Custom ROM zip file) in the internal storage of Google Pixel.
- Reboot your device into recovery mode. You can do this by switching off your device and holding Volume Down+Power button together until the device boots into bootloader mode.
- Enter into recovery mode by using volume and power buttons. Remember touch won’t work in bootloader mode.
- In the recovery mode, go to Wipe.
- Now, perform a Wipe data/Factory Reset.
- Head to the Install option and select the Custom ROM file from the internal storage of your Pixel device.
- Swipe right to flash the Custom ROM on Google Pixel.
- Reboot your device. Now, your Google Pixel will boot into Custom ROM in just a few minutes.
First Boot May Take up Some Time.
See Also : List of Best Custom Roms For Google Pixel
That’s it! Now enjoy Custom ROM of your choice on your Google Pixel. If you have any issues regarding the installation process, please let us know in the comments section.